Thursday, March 24, 2011

Party Hat Tutorial

Sweet Jillian of the fab party site Catch My Party asked me to put together a little tutorial on the party hats I made for Peyton's Sweet Shoppe Party.  I thought you might enjoy it too! Jillian was also so sweet and had Peyton's party as one of the parties of the day!  It's wonderful site to get ideas, definitely check it out!  There are other examples HERE that I made if you want more inspiration!

  To make these hats, you will need:


a couple sheets of coordinating scrap book paper 12 x 12
cardstock
matching cupcake wrapper (optional)
glue gun and glue
embellishments
chipboard monogram
matching ribbon
matching festooning      available at Bake It Pretty and Party Cheap


First go through your scrap paper and see what you have that might go together well and look for matching embellishments. Oh and by the way don't look at my horribly dry hands in these photos! ;-) THANKS!
I love the funky colorful pattern on this paper


black, white and pink is so graphic and cool

I love pink and orange, I think it has something to do with Dunkin Donuts!


I love pink and green


I chose this one because I love the cherry blossoms and the vintage feel of the paper











I used an antique crochet millenry flower, a hat pin and cream colored paper pima flowers and a few gems





Pretty EASY and so PRETTY!
If you make a party hat, PLEASE let me know, I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE for you to share it with me!

16 comments:

Connie said...

Found you from House of Hepworths...super cute tutorial. thanks for sharing--connie, measuredbytheheart.blogspot.com

btw new follower

Valerie@chateaualamode.typepad.com said...

How cute are those? Super cute, if you ask me!

My Cottage Charm said...

LOVE it! :) I'll be doing a Mario and Luigi hat tute soon too..super simple! Yours is SO pretty...it's hard to get excited over mario and luigi..they're not pink! lol
Love you sweet girl!
Missy

My Cottage Charm said...

PS..TJ's shots in his back worked..he's out of pain, but he said it hurt so bad he'd never do it again! :-/ (he threw up during the procedure!) :-o

later girly
Missy

Decor To Adore said...

Oh I adore your party hat~ swoon!

I am currently hosting an auction of vintage and antique linen treasures. Stop by and take a peek.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Lolly Jane said...

so pretty! i love how dainty & feminine it is. come june (my little guys 1st bday) i will send you a pic of my version! i can just see a large "1" already instead of the "R" ;) thanks for the tute!

ps: thanks for linkin up w/ us this weekend & last! your link was pretty popular ;)

Tammy@Beatrice Banks said...

So cute! I don't know if I'd have the patience to make these but I sure do love them. You did a great job!

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

How charming these are!! I love the little monogram and the sweet touches! Well done! Thanks for sharing at FNF! :)

Olivia said...

How cute! I love the little details, especially the heart hat pin. :o) Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog! I requested the boots as a birthday present, so we'll see how they work out!

Linda M. said...

Happy Day after Pink Saturday! What a fantastic party hat and a great tutorial!! Thanks. I'm a new follower. Have a wonderful week. Linda

Unknown said...

Thanks for the lovely comment on my blog. I am now following you! Love the antique crotche flower you used.

The Charm of Home said...

What a cute little hat! You did a nice job on that. Thanks for linking up!
Sherry

saltbox
treasures
said...

Hi Robyn, What a gorgeous party hat!!! So many details!
Thanks for visiting and adding me to your follow list.
Have a great Monday!
~ Julie

Honey at 2805 said...

We have a Winner! Guess who?

Burlap Luxe said...

Hi Robyn,
I love these party hts!!
I have a friend who makes them for her News years parties!! In all black, whites, and silvers!! They look soooo! cool when she passes them out to ever one with matching poppers and horns :)

I think if you had a Shepherds hut in your garden it would be put to great party use, a perfect place to create and storeage as well as including it into the party theme.

Thank you for your beautiful visit, and comment :)

Blessings to you and your family :)
x0xO
Dore

Nan ~ Playful Decor said...

Hi Robyn, thank you for finding my blog - following you back. Your site is wonderful! I look forward to reading more! Have a good day!