Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Terrain At Styers, AKA: Come ON SWEET SPRING!!


Have you heard about Urban Outfitters/Anthropologie's "secret" home AND GARDEN center?  It's called Terrain At Styers.  Even if you have a green pinkie instead of a green thumb, you will LOVE this store.
 Terrain effortlessly blends the line between home and garden into a magical place where even I felt like I wouldn't kill the most delicate of houseplants.  The incredibly inspired marketing/design fingers of Anthropologie and UO are most definitely at work in this fabulous charter store.
There is somethingspecial about glasses lined up like soldiers
My husband and I were attending a Scentsy event in Allentown, PA the other day.  In order to break up the drive for my back, we made a slight detour at Glen Mills, PA to check out Terrain.  I first heard about Terrain from Eddie Ross sometime last year, I quickly Googled it to see how far of a trek it would be from our house.  Luckily, it's only about an hour! 
Much to my husbands embarrassment, I took my camera with me into the store.  There were so many beautiful vignettes to shoot!  In the end he was glad I did because there were a few things he wanted photos of because he felt he could make something similar.  For example, we both LOVE this worn turquoise potting bench, but the $1,200 (from what I recall) price tag is a bit steep for our shallow pockets.  However, we both think it would be fabulous on our patio and we could use it as a buffet for parties!  
I am in LOVE with those INCREDIBLE perforated light globes.  They could have not been MORE STUNNING! They have a bit of a Moorish/Turkish/Rajasthan feel to them.  This design trend is showing up in many places from West Elm, Pier One and Anthropologie to Scentsy!  (At the event, we were able to see all the new warmers for Spring/Summer...AWESOME!)
This store left me praying for Spring to speed along a little quicker.  The lush bright greens of new growth mirrored by the bright green accents were so gorgeous. The scent of rich earth and lushly growing plants was intoxicating! We left feeling we had to go home and plant something!  Think Spring!


well-loved terra cotta! AHHH


I LOVED these bright hoses all stacked in a row!


Must plant a container garden this Spring!

So in LOVE with these clocks, dishtowels and kitchen signs!

Baby it's cold outside! I need a CLOCHE! ...and those HANGING terraniums!


Planting in an antique bakery bundt pan...genious!
Trend Alert...
Ballard Designs

Ballard Designs


10 comments:

Val said...

Oh my gosh!!! I have never hear of this and am so glad you told us. Look at all the glasses... even the hoses look beautiful!! Love this.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that I'm not the only one that embarrasses my husband by taking photos. This store is one I've never heard of. Maybe an East Coast store? I love all the containers and glass. Just gorgeous! Think Spring! :)Michelle

Sara S. said...

I got to the bottom of your post, and had to scroll up to go find the website. Oh. My. Gosh. So many lovely things. What a great find!

It's me said...

What a amazing shop Robyn !!! wowwwwwww...happy day darling....love Ria....xxx....

Anonymous said...

Terrain really is magic! Great pictures and thank you for now inspiring us!

Xo
E + J

Renee {Shabby, Chic and Charming} said...

Great website!! Thanks for sharing. BTW, I nominated you for the STYLISH BLOGGER AWARD over on my blog!

~Renee@ Shabby-Chic-Charming@blogspot.com

All That Jazz said...

Thanks for sharing the picture, Robyn! I am drooling over all that glass! Loving glass these days, especially in blue or green. I like that table too and can see why you & you hubby gave it a second look. It would make a great statement in a room!
~michelle~

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, that store looks insanely cool! It's probably a good thing that I don't live close by, that would be difficult to resist!

Carole said...

I think I have heard of this place. It's like a boutique/garden center. Something to strive for.
Thanks for the tour.
x
Carole

Zane Wooder said...

I love those hoses. It's nice to see hoses in nice pretty colors and not boring green.


-Zane of ontario honey