Friday, April 24, 2009

Speechless...

On the Today show this morning, I saw a little blurb about this website, www.pimpthisbum.com and a bit of his story. The kids were talking and we were in the middle of the morning madness and I was still waiting for my coffee to take effect. When I had a minute, I quickly checked it out. It's truly enthralling. Totally grabs you and doesn't let you go. I'm not even going to tell you more about it, you MUST check it out because even by visiting the page, you are helping homeless people. Let's just say Tim over there is going to steal your heart and so are the guys that thought enough to make a difference in just one person's life. Amazing!

In other uplifting news: well for me anyway. When I went to my spine class, I learned that I'm not having the surgery where they go in through the front (tummy) or the one where they go in directly over the spine (called posterior). I'll have 2 incisions and I'm having 2 types of instrumentation. So after May 6th I officially only want to be referred to as Robo-Robyn. Really. Naw, just kidding. So between the titanium in my neck and whatever the heck these things in the lumbar are made of ( I know one is titanium but I don't know about the other) I should be setting off alarms at the court house and airport! When she told me, she made me so happy, it truly made my day. She (the nurse) couldn't really explain the procedure to me as much because she wasn't as familiar with the instrumentation as she is with others. But I did my research when I got home. It's pretty fascinating stuff. Although it'd be a bit more fascinating if it was happening to someone I didn't know! :-) I feel like I'm going to have to start talking like Arnold from the Terminator. I'll be baack.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: